by Jon Torrey
In addition to my other training goals I’ve taken up a pushup challenge issued by my friend KM. The rules:
1. You do not talk about the pushup challenge
2. You do not talk about the pushup challenge!
3. Contest starts July 1, 2012
4. Start by doing 10 pushups the first day and add 10 for every day thereafter
5. Pushups do not have to be consecutive (i.e. you can break them into sets)
6. Honor system – If you miss a day, be honest about it
7. You don’t have to post every single day that you do them
8. That said, if you miss, post it here so I can update
9. I’ll update who is still in the contest every Monday
10. I know half of you will forget on Sunday
11. Last man (or woman) standing wins
So far we’re ten days in and I’ve done a total of 550 pushups. Sets of 30, which were once a challenge, are becoming easy. It’s all about not breaking the chain.